Tuesday, March 27, 2007

It's kitten time!

I almost just started this post with "Okay," but then I remembered that my last two (i.e. only two) other posts started with okay, so I'm going to have to be careful about that. Anyway, I was talking to Sue today (shout out to first ever blog commenter, woot woot!), and she seemed perplexed about the idea of a mostly knitting blog. I think it's because she (and let's be honest, this is true of most people who read this) doesn't really care about my knitting. Entirely understandable. But, because this is a very public blog (any of my students out there?), the straight poop about my personal life will have to be saved for non-blog communication. That said, if you know me, you know I've got a big mouth and like to talk about myself and my problems (duh), so needless to say there will definitely be some sharing of the straight poop, probably unconvincingly shrouded in vague language.

Speaking of which, as I was looking through my camera for pictures of the kittens to share, I came across tragic photographic evidence of my past. Oh man, perfect iTune just came on to accompany this part of the post--"I've been cheated, been mistreated, when will I be loved?"--sing it, Linda! Wow, I never realized what a rocking cowbell part this song has. Anyway, I digress. I valiantly plowed through the pain (okay, I'm being melodramatic, it wasn't too too horribly awful, which I count as progress) to bring you, my adoring public...more kitten photos! Diana, these crazy toes are for you:



Yes, that is marshmallow fluff on her nose. No, I was not responsible. Next!



Cute overload, no? I just love when she sleeps in places not meant for kitty sleeping. And finally, the group shot:



Wow, that photo of my old boring comforter really reminds me how much I love my new bedding! Which was definitely one of the best things to come out of the break-up, because I tried to get Jay's approval to get it before and he vetoed it, when really it is fabulous and not very girly at all. Hmm, I think relationship-related digressions means it's time for bed. Ooh, but idea to get out first, maybe I'll use the duvet as a backdrop for the photos of my current works in progress so you can see what I'm talking about! Excellent idea, plus publicizing my projects puts pressure on to actually FINISH them. Good night!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Okay, so it's not that I'm not interested in the knitting, it's just that the finished product is much more appealing to discuss. It's like when I used to take art classes and we had to do sketches or paintings, and nobody except my teacher really cared about how freakin' long it took to get a flower petal looking just right -- the finished product was the end-all (haha, semi-pun!) for people who weren't me. The process is pretty much interesting for only the person going through it, I think.

Also! I do not understand how it's possible to talk about one thing and not end up dishing the straight poop (oh, ew, that's a gross mixed metaphor) on my personal life.

And finally, is this the comforter you really wanted to buy from Crate&Barrel when you came to visit me? It's the blue and gray one, yes? I demand pictures! (I will heckle your blog until you post more, for I am a slacker and 3 days from spring break, woo!)